Info from IHSAE Fall Planning Meeting
The information below gives a brief overview of all the material presented at the 2017 Fall Planning Meeting. This contains dates/times, links, and instructions for uploading & delivery of artwork. Check back in the coming weeks for updated links to the downloadable documents that will be delivered to you soon.
Senior Scholarship Exhibition
Bridgeport Art Center
1200 W 35th St
Chicago, IL, 60609
Zhou B Art Center
1029 W 35th St
Chicago, IL, 60609
Digital Submission Deadline for Both Exhibitions
January 12, 2018
Install date for both Exhibitions:
Sunday, February 11th 2018
Show date for both Exhibitions:
Sunday, February 25th 2018
Pickup dates for both Exhibitions:
Sunday, March 11th 2018 - 9am-5pm
Monday, March 12th 2018 - 3pm-7pm
Social Media Contests
Be looking on Instagram and Facebook for monthly contests from IHSAE that benefit your students! Most of our contests bring exposure to your students’ art, and your school art programs. Have your students connect with us @IHSAE on Instagram for more information.
Guidelines Packets and Labels
You will receive a packet in the mail that includes the following documents:
Blue Folder (General Exhibition info found here)
- General Exhibition Guidelines
- General Exhibition Inventory Sheet
- General Exhibition Student Artwork Release Forms
- General Exhibition Inventory Labels (for artwork and packaging)
Red Folder (Senior Scholarship Exhibition info found here)
- Senior Scholarship Exhibition Guidelines
- Senior Scholarship Exhibition Inventory Sheet
- Senior Scholarship Exhibition Student Artwork Release Forms
- Senior Scholarship Exhibition Inventory Labels (for artwork and packaging)
One sheet of CLEAR labels for Gallery Tags
Digital Artwork Submission
All submissions due January 10, 2018
Artwork Delivery and Drop Off
Please use SEPARATE portfolios/packages for artwork going to the General Exhibition at the Zhou B Center and Artwork going to the Senior Scholarship Exhibition at the Bridgeport Art Center. All 3-D work should be placed in it’s own separate boxes or packaging.
- Bring the Blue Folder, with your artwork inventory sheet and student release forms, to the Zhou B Center at Drop Off
- Bring the Red Folder, with your artwork inventory sheet and student release forms, to the Bridgeport Center at Drop Off
NEW THIS YEAR:
- Attach artwork imagery to packaging
- General Exhibition: Attach the Image election sheet that you receive digitally upon artwork selection to the outside of your portfolio so we have a visual record of the artwork.
- Senior Scholarship Exhibition: Attach photograph(s) of the artwork you are dropping off to the outside of your portfolio or packaging so we have a visual record of the artwork.
Artwork Installation - Please Volunteer!
We need your help. The IHSAE is an all volunteer organization. Help with show installation, strike, or even just contacting potentially college or sponsor participants is greatly appreciated!
College Fair and Vendor Expo
*New this year, the College Fair will be at Bridgeport Art Center